Breaks For Carers
Free Holidays for Carers
Holidays are offered to Carers without the person they normally care for so that they may have a proper Respite Break.
THERE IS NO CHARGE for the breaks, although a refundable deposit of £50 is required at least 8 weeks prior to the start of the break. The deposit will be returned in full if no damage or additional cleaning is required. In 2024 we will have 2 sites to choose from (see below and the drop down list for this tab for further details)
Applications for our Carers breaks for 2024 are now open.
Open the application form here
You can request a break if:
- You care for a person who has a medical or mental health diagnoses
- You are a long term carer. Our Trustees normally consider this to be 1 year or more although exceptional circumstances are considered.
- You can confirm you are on benefits and/or can confirm you are on a limited income and could not otherwise afford a break without our support.
- You have not received support from The Respite Association in the previous 18 months (either through a grant or break under this scheme). However, if you had a break during the 2023 season you can apply to go on the 2024 cancellation list on the understanding that new applicants to the scheme will take precedence and that no suitable cancellations may occur.
The form found here can be completed electronically and emailed (the quicker option), it can be printed out and completed (then either scanned and emailed or posted) or we can post you a paper copy of the form just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and address
We operate on a first come, first served basis for carers breaks applications and whilst we do our best to provide everyone a break, demand always outstrips the availability (we only have 2 facilities). The more options you give on the form, regarding location and dates, the more likely it is that we will be able to offer you a week.
Your application will be acknowledged when we receive it but please note that holidays will not be allocated until January 2024
‘Joanna’s Cottage’ is at Kenegie Manor Holiday Park in Penzance Cornwall. We named the cottage for our patron as she was instrumental in allowing us to purchase it, and it is a lovely quiet park on the hill overlooking Mounts Bay. Ideal if you have a car, there is so much to see and do nearby, it is no wonder that millions flock to Cornwall every year.
Lan y Mor Hafan
Our second location is a lovely caravan at Oakfield Caravan Park in Towyn, near Abergele in North Wales. Only 5 minutes from the beach and with an entertainment complex offering a host of family friendly venues including a sports bar offering kids clubs and activities organised by the entertainment team. The younger guests can also enjoy the amusement arcade and adventure playground.
An Exciting Partnership
Revitalise provide holiday breaks for carers, and their loved ones, at their three sites across the country:
Jubilee Lodge – Chigwell, Essex
Waterside House – Netley, Hampshire
Sandpipers – Southport, Merseyside
Over the years we have supported many carers to use Revitalise and have recieved nothing but rave reviews of the amazing breaks, caring staff and great fun. We are therefore delighted that this year we are building on the excellent relationship we have with our friends at Revitalise to offer carers a real treat. Any carer awarded a grant from us, towards a Revitalise break, will be match funded by Revitalise!! So if we offer a £500 grant then Revitalise will match fund it with a credit against the break of £500 making…
£1,000 off the cost of your stay.
Applicants must fulfil our usual grant criteria, there is no special application form so you can apply on our normal grant application form, what are you waiting for?
Check out Revitalise www.revitalise.org.uk
or call them to get details of the holiday centres on 0303 303 0145
- The process for Revitalise is very straight forward:
Check out Revitalise www.revitalise.org.uk (or call them to get details on the holiday centres on 0303 303 0145)
- Identify with them when and where you want to go and the cost of the holiday. You need this information before you can apply to us.
- Complete our grant application form
- If you fit our criteria and are approved for a grant by our Trustees then Revitalise will match any grant offered by ourselves. If we offer our maximum grant of £500, then they will credit your account with an additional £500, meaning you would get £1000 off of your holiday.
It’s first come first served so don’t delay!
Please text “Carers” to 70450 to donate £5
Texts cost £5 plus standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via SMS. If you’d like to give £5 but without opting in to receive marketing communication from us text “Carersnoinfo” to 70450
The Respite Association is a registered charity No 1193232 (formerly 1086598 from 2001 to 2021)