Our Fundraising Promise
We are members of the Fundraising Standards Board self-regulatory scheme. The Fundraising Standards Board works to ensure that organisations raising money from the public do so honestly and properly. As members of the scheme, we follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Codes and in this Promise.
We are committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Codes and with this Promise.
- We comply with all relevant law including those that govern data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to.
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. Please contact us or see our Trustees’ Annual Report and Accounts if you require further details.
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint.
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request (or see complaints procedure link). If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication.